With the the Chatbot, you can enable player to look-up certain Information in-game over the chat.
It might be for example nice to tell new players who the Ahttp://eah.empyrion-homeworld.net/admin/pages/documentation/flyout-menu/chat-bot#dmins are or when wipe times are scheduled.
Those players can easily ask for that information themselves, without the need of an admin to react.
Whenever a player types "CB:?" He will see the whole list of commands (see picture further down).
Chatbot is deactivated for players with the same name. A info will be given though.
You could set for example the following commands:
Command: The Command that a player can enter into the chat
The player allways has to start with "CB:" to talk to the chatbot.
So he has to type for example "CB:WIPE" to start the command "Wipe"
Info: The Information about the command, that is shown when typing "CB:?"
Answer: The Answer the ChatBot will send when someone enters the command. "#" will force a new line.
- there are certain default commands:
- !MODS: Lists all installed Mods
- CB:Info --> Information about the Player: Startdate, Playtime, Last Reset, ....)
- CB:TIME --> Shows Server Day and Time
- CB:RESET --> Resets the player automatically. Player has 3 free resets the first 10 hours after reset. After that he can only use it every 6 hours.
- CB:HEAL --> In case the player suffers from the perma-death bug, this might heal him. Only once per day and only for real dead once
- CB:Survival (Full) --> Gives the player a survival kit, once every full-wipe (fresh start in config). You can set in the config how much credits he should get. If you want to give him items instead/additionaly just create a Survival.xml in the template folder and put all the items in there.
- CB:GetShipDown:ID (Full) --> Allows a player to get down his ship, that is flying directly above him. He has to be directly under the ship on a max 30 meter EW/NS distance. Height does not matter.
- CB:Shutdown --> Shut down Game from ingame (Only possible for Admins)
- CB:Wipe--> Shows all wipes from timetable with Server-Date and Time. Also shows all individual Structure wipe times if activated.
- CB:NextWipe --> Shows all upcomming wipes from timetable ordered by time. Shows how many hours left
- CB:NextRestart --> Shows all upcomming wipes/restarts/backups from timetable ordered by time. Shows how many hours left
- CB:Destroy:Id --> Allows a Faction Admin or the Owner of a structure to delete it. He has to stand next to it to work.
- CB:W:Playername/PlayerID MESSAGE" allows a player to directly chat to another player
- CB:GetShipHere:ID --> Allows a player to move his ship a few meters in case its stuck or in green wall. Only works on same playfield and when ~ 200 meters around the ship
- CB:GoToShip:ID --> Allows a player to warp to his ship. This is always activated in CSW Oribt. Otherwise it would need to be activated in the config. Works only on the same playfield.
- CB:Tool_Save --> Saves the tool-data (incase it does not react anymore)
- CB:Tool_Stop --> Stops the tool
- CB:Tool_Restart --> Restarts the tool
- CB:Server_Stop --> Stops the Server
- CB:Server_Restart --> Restarts the Server
Ingame it would look like this:
- CB:? -> “WIPE = Show current wipe times” (Out of column command/ information)
- Player types: “CB:WIPE” (Out of column command)
- Server Answers: “Current wipe times are ….” (Out of column answer)